Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Our little girl is growing up! She no longer wears diapers. She hasn't had an accident for five days. She talks up a storm and wants to know everything. And now..she sleeps in a big girl bed. My Papa made this bed special for Maddy. We have had it for a couple of months now but I wasn't ready to put her in it. Well, last Saturday Mike and I did the big switch. Mike took apart her crib and put her bed together. She looks so cute in it when she is sleeping. I think I shed a little tear when she got in it for the first time last Saturday for bed. Where is my baby? I tell her all the time "I don't want you to grow up" and she responds with "I want to be big!" I just love her!
A big THANK YOU to Papa for Maddy's special new bed! We love it!




Taking her first nap in her new bed. Can you tell I was nervous because
we hadn't bought a siderail yet??? I put her bumpers all around it.

3 comments:

The Bricks said...

How sweet to have a bed made from her Papa. I was laughing at the bumpers too. They grow up too fast. I'm so glad she was able to transition so well :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, this is too cute!!!! Maddy is such a big girl!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

Such a cute bed - Congrats on the potty training...want to do Tyler too? :) And to answer your question on my blog - yes - dark side means mini van. Ugh.