Monday, November 23, 2009

The puzzle princess

How cute is this smile?? I love it! This is when I found her about half way done.

We went to the market tonight and in the toy aisle there were some puzzles. Maddy loves doing puzzles and usually we do them together. She has a 24 piece Cinderella one that she does with Daddy. Well I saw a Dora one. She is really into Dora right now. She has been such a sweet sister lately and so I told her I would get her the puzzle. When we got home I was making Brod's dinner and she asked me to open the puzzle. I didn't realize she had started doing it by herself at the table. I decided not to help her and watch to see if she could do it herself. I spied on her in amazement. She would manipulate the pieces and keep turning them until they fit. I watched her fit one piece after another until she had three, two, one pieces left. She completed this 24 piece Dora puzzle all by herself. You could say I am one VERY proud mommy!



Making progress...

Turning the pieces to fit

Serious concentration

The final product!
Watch the video and see how surprised she was when I asked her who was helping her- obviously no one mommy and excuse my natural reaction when Brody takes a spill.

3 comments:

The Bricks said...

So CUTE! She seems so grown up, I guess that's cause she's not the baby she was when I watched her :-( BTW Ash has the same shirt, who could resist a pink and purple shirt!?! It has BOTH of her favorite colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shwams, This is Nana writing to say that I saw your Blog and am amazed at the intelligence of my great granddaughter! What would we expect??? Looks like you had a good time at the tree lighting ceremony. Wish we could have been there, too. Hugs, Nana and Papa

Josh and Amy Walz said...

What a big girl! My favorite part is when she says "bye camera." So sweet!