Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tree Lighting Tradition

Last night we went to our second annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at Fashion Island with my parents and Bri, Geoff and Grey. We started the tradition last year when Maddy was 21 months and I was 8 months pregnant with Brody. This year Brody is almost a year and Maddy is almost 3. I can't believe how fast this year flew by. I remember going to the tree lighting ceremony when I was a little girl with my family and GG. We have pictures in front of the tree and I can remember getting hot chocolate too. Such fun memories! I hope my kids grow up with the same memories and the excitement as Christmas draws closer. It felt kind of funny celebrating and getting excited for Christmas before Thanksgiving, but it doesn't matter because you could feel the Christmas spirit in the air.


On our way from the car. Started the night off with their beanies on. Who do you think had hers off within 5 minutes? Yep. And Brod kept it on all night.

A family picture at the tree lighting. This was the first time Maddy wore this Juicy Peacoat and got lots of compliments on it. Thank you Violet Affleck!
Maddy was more interested in the show than taking pictures.
This was pretty much Brody's face all evening. He was fascinated by the lights, the singing and the dancers. He kept waving to everyone on the stage, which didn't surprise us because of his friendly nature.
All bundled up to celebrate the start of the Christmas season.
Would have been such a cute picture but Grey gave his mama a little elbow kind of saying, "let me watch the show guys." Still very cute of the Moysas!
I love this one! Gamma and Poppy with their grandkids (minus Grey).
Like old times- a picture of just us with no kids.
The show!
The beautiful tree! This year they moved it next to Santa's workshop. It looks really pretty over there.
Me and my girl!
Sis got so hot running around and being silly with Grey that she had to shed the coat. They were such troopers waiting over 30 minutes to eat at CPK. They definitely entertained themsELVES and were ready to eat.
Holding hands and waiting patiently.
My little guy waiting in the stroller.
It was a very fun night and the kids were pooped by the time we got home. Mike and I were able to have a glass of wine and watch a show while our precious babes slept peacefully (dreaming of Santa I am sure :). I love my life!

2 comments:

Hogan House said...

Super cute C!!! We might have to go next year:-)

Josh and Amy Walz said...

C, the funniest part of this post is how you worked the ELVES thing in. Ahhhh, classic!