Thursday, August 27, 2009

No more paci = tears




...and they are not from Maddy either, they are from me.:(
I feel like my baby is getting so big! I didn't really shed tears but I felt like it. I cut the tip off her paci and told her that when you get big your paci starts to break. Well that was it, she is over it. She put it in her mouth for bed last night and handed it right back to me and said she didn't want it. DONE! I can't believe it was so easy. Although it was my big goal for the summer, it still makes me feel sad since that was the only baby part of her left. Everyday she amazes me by the things she says. She is so smart. She will remember things that she hears and repeat them later. The other day she was saying "kill me" "kill me" and I thought, where the he%* did she hear that. She doesn't watch anything violent and doesn't hang out with big kids. Later that day as Brody is rolling around while I'm trying to change a poopy diaper, I found myself saying "Brody boy you are killing me." Oh my gosh!!! I had to chuckle because she had obviously heard me say that before. I don't say it anymore. :) She is so sweet too. She tells everyone she loves them. I asked her yesterday if she liked her brother and she said, "No mommy, I love him SO much." My heart melted right there. I love her so much and feel so blessed that I am her mommy. She makes me smile every day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I felt the SAME WAY!!!!! We didn't even get to the cutting of the POP, we just took all but one, and two days later he was over it. I think it was harder for me to say good bye than him. Our babies are turning into KIDS! It makes my heart hurt a little, I want to push pause and keep them little for just a l=bit longer. But YAY Maddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbel said...

of course of all the things you say or have said, she picks up on the "kill me" phrase. too funny!

she's so cute and what a big girl to nix the paci in an instant. Way to go girl!

Roney Family said...

I know the binky is a hard thing, but they get over it. I have done it four times. And I am almost on my fifth. I cut the tip of each one of mine. It was the best idea and worked like a charm.

Oh, believe it or not, most of my girls swim suites are either from target or gymboree. The one zebra with the pink is from target. But my girls are in the older section and they have a better selection there. Old navy also has cute ones! Good luck!

Hogan House said...

Yah Maddy! I am so proud of you and you are such a big girl!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

we cut the tip off and said it was broken too. worked like a charm. see you this friday!!!