Friday, February 19, 2010

Mammoth Mountain with my valentine

Last weekend Mike and I went to Mammoth with some friends during Valentine's Day! It was our ninth Valentine's Day together! I was so excited to go snowboarding, although apprehensive at the same time. I did really good. Mike is awesome! He makes it look so easy. Being paranoid and nervous like I am, I thought it was best to wear a helmet, especially since I haven't boarded since before being pregnant with Mad. I felt much more comfortable this time around. I still hate those chairlifts though. I would prefer to fall off and crawl away quickly before getting hit by the lift behind me. :) On Valentine's morning, Mike had booked a massage for me at Snow Creek Spa and Resort. It was amazing! It was the best gift after a long day of snowboarding. He got points for that! The kids had a fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa and then with Gamma and Poppy. Thanks for watching them guys! We love you!

The crew getting ready to go on the mountain for the day.
Beautiful day on Mammoth Mountain. It was warm and clear!

My hot boarder!


A picture on the lift. LOVE!


Danielle, Kim and I taking a break after doing three or four runs in a row.

Some action shots. Mike can board and take pictures at the same time. I can't. I have to have full concentration on my balance. At one point he had gone down a different run and was calling my cell phone. For a second I was about to answer and then I thought, who am I kidding? I can't talk on the phone while snowboarding.



Steve (Mike's brother), Alec and Mike- These three are the best boarders! Took the Cornice like it was nothing.

Steve and Mikey


Brothers

A view from the top of Mammoth Mountain- 11,000 feet up. This was right before the guys rode the black diamond down the mountain and I rode the gondola back down the mountain. :)

Such a beautiful day!

You have to get a shot in front of the Mammoth.

Um....cute picture boys!

Steve doing his ad for Mammoth. If you know Steve- this shot is hilarious!

Goodbye Mammoth! It was a great weekend. Time to go see our kiddos!


On the long road home...

1 comment:

jbel said...

looks like fun-
anything away from the kids would be fun!

glad you had a good birthday celebration too-

are you so excited for Bri? Are they going to find out what the sex of the baby is?