Monday, February 1, 2010

RIP Pink and Black Blanks

Tonight was a sad night in our house- literally our house could have burned down. Thank God, everything was okay. Maddy loves to throw things up in the air and catch them, which she is really good at. Well, tonight I had the stove on cooking and she was walking around the house and came in the kitchen. She threw her beloved pink and black "blanks" as we call it up in the air. Everyone who knows us knows how much she LOVES her blanks. It landed on the counter and I said, "Oh Mad, don't do that the stove is on and there is a fire right here...be careful." Two seconds later- it happened again. I am not sure if it was an accident or if she did it on purpose...regardless- I screamed "MIKE!" (of course), he looks at the kids to see if they are okay (he has no idea why I am screaming) and the he sees it - blankie on fire!!!!!! I think I grabbed it at the same time he did. My screaming as well as Maddy setting eyes on her blanket melting... sent her into hysterics!!! We calmed her down and all she could say was "my blankie, my blankie"- press repeat right here. I have another in case of emergencies. It is brown and baby pink and thank goodness she loves it!!! She thinks it is so soft and pretty. Mike and I made a BIG deal about how great this one is because she is basically traumatized by the sight of her blanks. She didn't want to touch it. She barely looked at it. She wanted me to hold her after it happened. I think we are all okay now and I could bet you she won't be throwing anything up in the air in the kitchen again- EVER!


The happy girl with her new blanks!

Loving on the cozy blanky!

The burnt blanks!!! It was crispy and smelled like fire. :(

Brods wanted in on the camera action too! Love those blue eyes!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no!! That is sooo sad:( Poor Maddy! I'm glad she likes her new one, she looks so cute in the pics.

Moysa Family said...

Oh maddy girl...we've tried to get her to like that blank for awhile, I guess an inferno was the only way.

The Bricks said...

Wow! Sounds like an eventful night. Poor Maddy, that pink and black blank is like a part of her :-( I remember putting her down for so many naps with that blanket. Oh well,time for change, right?? This can be her big girl blanket and one day when she's old she can tell her kids why you don't throw things up in the air in the kitchen- I think she learned that lesson :-) So glad everyone is ok!

jbel said...

glad nothing else caught on fire.

and Brods with those big blue eyes, just adorable! (and his two front teeth to match)